HOME HILLSIDE SYSTEM
WELCOME TO THE PRIVATE ESTATE SANCTUARY!
This is an enhancement to the home that makes your property unique from of all the others in the entire community. With two levels of massive growing beds for easier harvesting, this wide scaled system utilizes precise gravity flow to maximize efficiency and control energy usage. Customized for the client with a natural fish pond and stunning waterfalls, this is the world’s first “Private Estate Design” featured in Rancho Santa Fe, California, USA.
VISION & PURPOSE
There are two major purposes of this design:
- Building a highly efficient aquaponics system beautifully integrated into the existing landscape using Mediterranean style stones and eye-catching lighting designed for both daytime and evening viewing.
- Construct a system that is easily accessible for the client to share with family, friends and guests, while being a showcase of food and environmental sustainability. Perfect for hosting an event or educating your peers.
NATURAL ELEMENTS & MATERIALS
All materials and construction of the system reflect a Mediterranean style look and feel.
- Natural fish pond with 100+ colorful and vibrant Koi
- Glass wall separator (optional)
- Natural Sump Tank
- Media Beds
- Deep Water Culture (DWC) unit with Bamboo
- Special Water Filtration System
- Additional 3-Step Water Filter
DESIGN & PRODUCTION
Constructed on a hillside overlooking the private property, this one of a kind system can be built in under 3 months. Precise bio-geometry within the design creates a beautiful waterfall effect that is just as elegant during the day as it is in the evening. Premium lighting and a uniquely shaped fish pond make the system an immediate centerpiece of the home.
Both levels are about 20 ft long and act as natural walking paths to explore all the beauties of the system. Standing at about 3.5 feet tall, this stunning sanctuary is the perfect height for easy access to all elements of the system.
Aquaponics technology allows for this system to function on 90% less water than traditional agriculture. Using minimal power usage with one pump for the water and another small unit for aeration, the design is driven by efficiency.
In addition to growing all types of herbs, this Private Estate Design is ideal for producing tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, okra, spinach, basil, nutrient-rich kale and other leafy greens.
SYSTEM OUTPUTS (including but not limited to):
- Flowering Plants: Various types including exotics
- Fruits: Beans, Cantaloupe, Cucumber, Eggplant, Honeydew, Strawberries, Tomatoes, Watermelon
- Herbs: Basil, Chervil, Chives, Coriander, Marjoram, Mint, Oregano, Peppermint, Rosemary, Sage, Sorrel Squash, Tarragon, Thyme
- Vegetables: Arugula, Asparagus, Broccoli, Celery, Dill, Endive, Kale, Leeks, Lettuce, Mache, Onion, Pak Choi, Peppers, Spears, Spinach, Watercress, Zucchini
Rancho Santa Fe, CA
30 ft. x 25 ft.
Media-Based: 7 beds
Deep Water Culture: 3 beds
GROW AREA SIZE
432 sq ft.
FISH POND SIZE