GLASS OFFICE SYSTEM
WELCOME TO THE ULTIMATE FARM-TO-OFFICE SYSTEM!
This unique system being built in the heart of downtown Los Angeles will bring a sustainable flair to a common area of the business, adding a new element to the term, “what’s for lunch at the office?” Featuring a beautiful cube tank at the center of six massive growing beds (three on each side), a unique water fall cycles through the system and exits the mouth of a fierce lion head. In partnership with Koya Project, a 501(c)(3) focused on aquaponics education in marginalized communities, 20% of the proceeds of The Confluence Group’s project will be allocated to the non-profit.
VISION & PURPOSE
There are two major purposes of this design:
- Building a highly efficient aquaponics system beautifully integrated into the existing office space, while implementing the unique preferences of the client and adding eye-catching lighting designed for both daytime and evening viewing.
- Construct a system that is easily accessible for the client to share with clients, staff, guests, and all visitors, showcasing an office culture of food and environmental sustainability.
NATURAL ELEMENTS & MATERIALS
All materials and construction of the system are locally sourced from the Los Angeles metropolitan area.
- Fish tank cube with 10+ colorful and vibrant Koi
- Natural Sump Tank
- Media Beds
- Special Water Filtration System
- Additional 3-Step Water Filter
DESIGN & PRODUCTION
Constructed inside a common area of office space, this system overlooks downtown Los Angeles. Precise bio-geometry within the design creates a beautiful waterfall effect out of a lion’s mouth that is just as elegant during the day as it is in the evening. Premium lighting illuminates the system making it an immediate game-changer for any office decor. Standing at about 3 feet tall, this sustainable centerpiece is the perfect height for easy access to all elements of the system.
Aquaponics technology allows for this system to function on 90% less water than traditional agriculture. Using minimal power usage with one pump for the water and another small unit for aeration, design efficiency is at the forefront.
In addition to growing all types of herbs, this office system is ideal for producing tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, okra, spinach, basil, nutrient-rich kale and other leafy greens.
SYSTEM OUTPUTS (including but not limited to):
- Flowering Plants: Various types including exotics
- Fruits: Beans, Cantaloupe, Cucumber, Eggplant, Honeydew, Strawberries, Tomatoes, Watermelon
- Herbs: Basil, Chervil, Chives, Coriander, Marjoram, Mint, Oregano, Peppermint, Rosemary, Sage, Sorrel Squash, Tarragon, Thyme
- Vegetables: Arugula, Asparagus, Broccoli, Celery, Dill, Endive, Kale, Leeks, Lettuce, Mache, Onion, Pak Choi, Peppers, Spears, Spinach, Watercress, Zucchini
The Confluence Group
Los Angeles, CA
34’ (long) x 4’ (deep)
Deep Water Culture: 1 Extended Bed
Media-Based: 3 Beds
GROW AREA SIZE
120 sq ft.
FISH TANK SIZE